Anatomy of a Premise Line Description
If a story is going to fail, it will do so first at the premise level. Anatomy of a Premise Line: How to Master Premise and Story Development for Writing Success is the only book of its kind to identify a seven-step development process that can be repeated and applied to any story idea. This porcess will save you time, money, and potentially months of wasted writing. So whether you are trying to write a feature screenplay, develop a television pilot, or just trying to figure out your next story move as a writer, this book gives you the tools you need to know which ideas are worth pursuing.
In addition to the 7-step premise development tool, Anatomy of a Premise Line also presents a premise and idea testing methodology that can be used to test any developed premise line. Customized exercises and worksheets are included to facilitate knowledge transfer, so that by the end of the book, you will have a fully developed premise line, log line, tagline, and a completed premise-testing checklist.
What You Will Discover
- Whether you have a story or a situation: Learn how to tell the difference between these two critical forms of writing so that you can know the best way to move forward with your writing.
- The two structures needed to tell any story: Learn the Invisible and Visible structures, the two structures all stories need to find their best expression.
- The myth of writer's block: Discover the truth about so-called writer's block.
- The real meaning of "high concept": Learn what high concept really means and the seven components that make it up.
- What they don't teach you about character development: Learn the three groups of characters and how to use them to their best effect in any story.
- A companion website (www.focalpress.com/cw/lyons) with additional worksheets, videos, and interactive tools to help you learn the basics of perfecting a killer premise line.
- And Much More ...